Hello, I'm hoping to get help with a formula that will calculate days since a last event.

Best Answer

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @vmontoya,

You possibly would want to do this with either cross sheet references or sheet summaries rather than by line (largely to prevent duplication of results).

Formula wise, something like this (for a sheet summary on days since Near Miss):

=TODAY() - MAX(COLLECT([Date of incident]:[Date of incident], Classification:Classification, "Near Miss"))

Example output:

If you want to, you can add additional criteria (e.g. by Production area), but if you have a large number of such areas I would probably do this as a separate sheet so you can have the areas listed and then a reference for the column rather than needing to rejig the formula constantly.

Hope this helps, but if you've any problems/questions, just post! 🙂

Answers

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @vmontoya,

You possibly would want to do this with either cross sheet references or sheet summaries rather than by line (largely to prevent duplication of results).

Formula wise, something like this (for a sheet summary on days since Near Miss):

=TODAY() - MAX(COLLECT([Date of incident]:[Date of incident], Classification:Classification, "Near Miss"))

Example output:

If you want to, you can add additional criteria (e.g. by Production area), but if you have a large number of such areas I would probably do this as a separate sheet so you can have the areas listed and then a reference for the column rather than needing to rejig the formula constantly.

Hope this helps, but if you've any problems/questions, just post! 🙂

• Thank you, Nick!!

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No problem, happy to help.

I've had to build something similar to this in the past, so if you have any other questions just ask! 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!