Can I create a intake form for a specific cell?

We are looking to move our weekly schedule into smartsheet. I was wondering if it were possible to create an intake form for a certain cell. (example) like setting an appointment up (you pick time and date within the schedule)

Answers

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When a form is submitted it automatically generates a new row on the sheet. You could have the person who is submitting their appointment select a date and time. If you have a date field they could enter any date in that field though, not just what is available on a schedule. An alternative would be to give them a drop down with options like "Next Monday".

Feel free to follow up if this creates additional questions!

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jcormican

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Zachary's excellent advice/answer.

• Another option could be to use the Update Request feature. (depending on the specific need)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!