URL Query String for a Multi Select Drop Down Field

13»

Answers

• Oh you are GOOD! :)

That worked perfectly! Thank you SO MUCH! You're are the BEST!!!

• I will have to make sure not to use "&" and spell out the word AND instead, right?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/20/24 Answer ✓

Great!! I wish I had noticed it sooner. I only caught it because I was going one by one to make sure all of your percent encodings were the correct swaps. I even noticed that it was swapped with the correct percent encoding and only had the light bulb moment a few minutes later. Haha.

It would be ideal if you could avoid the use of "&", but if you know which fields you will be using them in, you can use separate SUBSTITUTE functions inside of the string to cover those specific fields. An example would be below if I anticipated that character's use in [3rd Field]@row:

="form_url?" + SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE("Submitter Email=" + [Submitter Email]@row + "&Owner Email=" + [Owner Email]@row + "&3rd Field=" + SUBSTITUTE([3rd Field]@row, "&", "%26") + "&4th Field=" + [4th Field]@row, " ", "%20"), "'", "%27"), ",", "%2C"), "-", "%2D"), ".", "%2E"), "/", "%2F"), "?", "%3F"), "@", "%40"), "[", "%5B"), "]", "%5D"), "_", "%5F")

• Sounds good. I'll add this to my "Formula Sheet" so I remember this exception as I go through my fields. Thanks again for all the time spent on this issue.