Project Plan...3 questions

Hello team - I realized I posted this in discussions instead of questions. Couldn't figure out why noone answered :)

Also, is anyone having issues using templates from smartsheet website? I have been fine all day but now they are not linking and I don't know why. Thank you in advance!

Best Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Michele R.

1. You can add actual start and end dates and have the flags reference these columns. If a formula already exists, replace the names of the columns from Start Date to Actual Start Date, and the same for the end date once you've created the columns
    2. Your % complete in the parent is not showing any data as the place where 100% appears has 0 days as duration. The parent row auto calculate the % complete based on the % complete entered in the child rows and their corresponding duration in relation with the overall duration for the parent. For example, if you've three tasks with 3 days each. Your parent will have a duration of 9 days. Once you've one of the tasks marked as 100%, the parent row will calculate 3 days completed of 9 days, so 33%.
    3. When you add a date, Smartsheet will consider it to be 1 day when the start and end dates are the same. There's no automated way to make the first days as 0 duration.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Michele Rosenberg
    Michele Rosenberg ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Michele R.

1. You can add actual start and end dates and have the flags reference these columns. If a formula already exists, replace the names of the columns from Start Date to Actual Start Date, and the same for the end date once you've created the columns
    2. Your % complete in the parent is not showing any data as the place where 100% appears has 0 days as duration. The parent row auto calculate the % complete based on the % complete entered in the child rows and their corresponding duration in relation with the overall duration for the parent. For example, if you've three tasks with 3 days each. Your parent will have a duration of 9 days. Once you've one of the tasks marked as 100%, the parent row will calculate 3 days completed of 9 days, so 33%.
    3. When you add a date, Smartsheet will consider it to be 1 day when the start and end dates are the same. There's no automated way to make the first days as 0 duration.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Michele Rosenberg
    Michele Rosenberg ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!