Linking sheets

I'm creating a new smartsheet spreadsheet, I need to get data from another spreadsheet and make a link to update it in real time, but there is a limitation of 1000 rows per column. Can someone help me?

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Gabriel Guerra You don’t have a limit of 1000 rows, you have limits of how many cells you can reference internal to your sheet (20M) and external (5M). There are ways to sneak around those limits but you’ll have to provide more context. Screen shots more in-depth description of what exactly you’re trying to do. Let us know!

• Hello @Lucas Rayala I'm trying to create a link from this column to another spreadsheet, this is the row limit message. "You can only create 1000 links at once, select fewer cells and try again"

• Hi @Gabriel Guerra

That limit is for linking cells at one time.

I would suggest creating cell links 500 rows at a time, so you know how many you've linked already and where to start again.

• In this pop-up window, instead of selecting the entire column, click the top cell then scroll down to the 500th cell.
    • Create your link.
    • Then in your current sheet, start another cell link in row 501, selecting rows 501 - 1000.
    • Continue until all your desired rows have been linked.

Does that make sense?

If you have a Unique Column in both sheets, you could use a formula to match values across sheets and bring back related data instead. Here's more information: Formula combinations for cross sheet references

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now