How to make a graph showing the tally of numbers depending on the dropdown selected?

Hello all,

I am trying to show in a Dashboard a graph that depicts a total count of audits completed by type. So in the Audit Name Column, whenever a specific option is selected, I want the sheet to add the Number Completed with that dropdown selection for the entire sheet. So, in this chart for example: Natalie has worked on the Provider Contract with Notes audit twice. She did 63 rows on the 8th, and 4 rows on the 9th. So, I would like a way to show that the Provider Contract with Notes Audit has 67 rows completed overall.

I'd like a graph with ALL the Audit Names (shown in the dropdown) to appear on a single chart, with a bar representing the total count of rows worked (number completed).

How would I go about doing this? I am lost.

TIA!

Best Answer

• juliesilverio
    juliesilverio ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Meghan,

I believe I understood what you are asking for. How I would approach this scenario is to create a report of your sheet and include the Audit Name and Number Completed columns.

I made a very quick sample report only using 3 types of Audit Names to show you how to set it up:

You will want to group the report by Audit Name and summarize the report by Number Completed and sum.

You can then use this report to generate the graph in your dashboard, as displayed below.

Hopefully this helps. :)

Julie Silverio, PMP

Senior Manager, Program Leadership

Xencor Inc.

https://xencor.com/

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!