IF statement not working

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong here.

=IFERROR(IF([Neighborhood]@row = “Hampstead”,

"Donna”, IF([Neighborhood]@row = “Hedgefield”,

"Donna”, IF([Neighborhood]@row = “New Park”,

"Donna”, IF([Neighborhood]@row = “Stoneybrooke”,

"Donna”, IF([Neighborhood]@row = “Woodland Creek”,

"Donna”))))), "Shauna")

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Robert S Fike

It's the quotes! I can see that they're curved here, which likely means the formula was typed out in a different platform or on a note pad. Smartsheet needs quotes to be the straight version: " versus curved ”

Try it again by either typing the formula in the cell (so the quotes are correct), or by copy/pasting this:

=IFERROR(IF([Neighborhood]@row = "Hampstead", "Donna", IF([Neighborhood]@row = "Hedgefield", "Donna", IF([Neighborhood]@row = "New Park", "Donna", IF([Neighborhood]@row = "Stoneybrooke", "Donna", IF([Neighborhood]@row = "Woodland Creek", "Donna")))), "Shauna")

You could also simplify the formula with an OR statement if that would help:

=IF(OR([Neighborhood]@row = "Hampstead", [Neighborhood]@row = "Hedgefield", [Neighborhood]@row = "New Park", [Neighborhood]@row = "Stoneybrooke", [Neighborhood]@row = "Woodland Creek"), "Donna", "Shauna")

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Robert S Fike

It's the quotes! I can see that they're curved here, which likely means the formula was typed out in a different platform or on a note pad. Smartsheet needs quotes to be the straight version: " versus curved ”

Try it again by either typing the formula in the cell (so the quotes are correct), or by copy/pasting this:

=IFERROR(IF([Neighborhood]@row = "Hampstead", "Donna", IF([Neighborhood]@row = "Hedgefield", "Donna", IF([Neighborhood]@row = "New Park", "Donna", IF([Neighborhood]@row = "Stoneybrooke", "Donna", IF([Neighborhood]@row = "Woodland Creek", "Donna")))), "Shauna")

You could also simplify the formula with an OR statement if that would help:

=IF(OR([Neighborhood]@row = "Hampstead", [Neighborhood]@row = "Hedgefield", [Neighborhood]@row = "New Park", [Neighborhood]@row = "Stoneybrooke", [Neighborhood]@row = "Woodland Creek"), "Donna", "Shauna")

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now