Index/Match on Checkbox

I have two sheets,

1- Stakeholder matrix with contact information and checkbox for primary contact

2- Project plan

I need to pull the email address's from Sheet 1 that have been "checked" as primary into sheet 2

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide screenshots (sample data if necessary) for context?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Yes.

Sheet 1 - Stakeholder Engagement Matrix- If the Box in the first column is checked, I want to move the email address to sheet 2.

Sheet 2- Email should go in column labeled Client Stakeholders

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We can help with a formula to pull the data over, but without knowing any criteria other than the checkbox it is hard to say exactly. I'll provide a formula and explain it, and if you need something else please let us know.

• Create this formula in Client Stakeholders =IF({Sign Off Document 1}=1,{Email 1})

So this formula uses an inter-sheet reference to check and see if the Sign Off Document field from Sheet 1 is checked ("=1") and if so uses a second reference to bring the email over.

I would guess though that you need some other reference (Project name or number) to correlate Sheet 2 to the entry on Sheet 1. If that is the case, you could easily create a column formula that does this. That formula (built assuming you want to use the Project Name) would look like this:

• =IFERROR(IF(INDEX({Sign Off Document Range}, MATCH([Project]@row, {Project Range}, 0))=1, INDEX({Email Range}, MATCH([Project]@row, {Project Range}, 0))),"")

This would go in Client Stakeholders on Sheet 2 as a column formula and you would need to create the references from Sheet 1.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

How do we know which row to put each email address in?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!