How do I pair things on the sheet with the same request # if they come in at different times?

I have a request sheet. This sheet is used for product launches, the goal of the sheet is to be able to request multiple days to launch the product . Some times these requests dont come in at the same time from the same person. This means that person A can make a request . Then person B can make a request, and If A makes another request, its not next to the first A request.

These requests do have a product launch # that says the same as long as its the same product.

Is there an automation or something that lets me put requests with the same product number next to each other if they come in at different times?

Ricky T

Gov Contractor for USSF

Tags:

Answers

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could built a quick report with grouping by the product launch # or simply sorting so they appear next to each other.

If you don't want to make a report that can keep the sort even as new rows generate you could manually sort your sheet by product launch # and then by date when you go into the sheet.

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!