Order of Metric Widget fields

CaraBart28
CaraBart28 ✭✭✭✭
edited 01/22/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I am working with the metrics charts in the dashboard. I think it would be beneficial to be able to order the data in the order you wish for it to be displayed in. For instance in the screenshot I have provided you will see the data in the two charts have similar subtitles for the data however the data is displayed in different orders and it would be beneficial for reporting to upper management to have the data displayed in the same order...Total Number of Reports, Received by Deadline, Received After Deadline, Not Received...

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hiya!

Just jumping in here to clarify - this is currently possible! You can click-and-drag the order of fields in a Metric widget to configure it just how you'd like.

For example if this is the order from my source sheet:

I can then click-and-drag one of these fields to any other order:

Let me know if this works for you @CaraBart28 or if you need any help.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• rosegarretson
    rosegarretson ✭✭✭✭

@CaraBart28

My work around for this is to put all my metrics for the Executive Dashboard(s) in a stand-alone metric sheet. That way, I can create formulas back to the source sheet and configure my rows and columns in a consistent manner without worrying about the supporting sheet.

It's a little more work up front, but it gives you an amazing amount of flexibility and insight for the audience you need to reach.

Cheers!

Rose

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hiya!

Just jumping in here to clarify - this is currently possible! You can click-and-drag the order of fields in a Metric widget to configure it just how you'd like.

For example if this is the order from my source sheet:

I can then click-and-drag one of these fields to any other order:

Let me know if this works for you @CaraBart28 or if you need any help.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• CaraBart28
    CaraBart28 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/22/24