No longer able to widen first column

I am an admin and the creator of a sheet but I've lost the ability to widen the first column -- the one that shows the row icons for comments, attachments etc. I can widen any of the other columns but not the first one, and the column is so narrow that I can't even see the aforementioned icons. Any idea what happened and how I can widen the first column to see the row icons again? Thanks in advance!

Tags:

Best Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@jcooper -- I've never been able to "widen" these columns -- I can only hide or unhide them, and they've always been very narrow. I can see the icons, but I can't change the width. I'm not an admin but I assumed that was a locked feature.

If these columns are unusually narrow (maybe include a screenshot so we can see?) that sounds potentially like an issue local to your computer. I hate to suggest restart, but have you tried this? Also, do others see the same thing? If so, I would suggest logging a ticket with Smartsheet because I suspect they will need to do a backend refresh on any impacted page.

• jcooper
    jcooper ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Lucas Rayala - Thank you so much for your reply! I'm embarrassed to say that closing Smartsheet completely and then reopening it fixed it! I don't know what happened to make the column shrink so much the icons weren't visible but I'm glad the rebooting Smartsheet fixed the issue. Thank you again!

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@jcooper -- I've never been able to "widen" these columns -- I can only hide or unhide them, and they've always been very narrow. I can see the icons, but I can't change the width. I'm not an admin but I assumed that was a locked feature.

If these columns are unusually narrow (maybe include a screenshot so we can see?) that sounds potentially like an issue local to your computer. I hate to suggest restart, but have you tried this? Also, do others see the same thing? If so, I would suggest logging a ticket with Smartsheet because I suspect they will need to do a backend refresh on any impacted page.

• jcooper
    jcooper ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Lucas Rayala - Thank you so much for your reply! I'm embarrassed to say that closing Smartsheet completely and then reopening it fixed it! I don't know what happened to make the column shrink so much the icons weren't visible but I'm glad the rebooting Smartsheet fixed the issue. Thank you again!

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad it was an easy fix!