Formula for column sum this month

Hello!

I want to make a sheet summary formula to calculate the sum from a single column just within the current month. I've attached a screenshot of the columns I'm working with. Thank you very much in advance!

Best Answers

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Answer âś“

Give this a try:

=SUMIFS([Newborn Report Items Completed]:[Newborn Report Items Completed], [Date]:[Date], MONTH(@cell) = MONTH(TODAY()), [Date]:[Date], YEAR(@cell) = YEAR(TODAY()))

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Answer âś“

It looks as if the column names in the formula do not match the column names in the sheet. It is possible there could be a hidden space somewhere in a column name.

When creating a [Column Name]:[Column Name] range, I like to click and drag across a few cells within the column to get it to automatically create the range for those couple of rows within that column then just delete the row numbers to get it to reference the entire column. This ensures I definitely have the column names right in my formula.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!