Index Match for Contact List

I'm using an IFERROR formula with INDEX MATCH to pull names from two separate sheets, both of which use a contact list column type. However, for some entries, I get a contact list icon (with the email attached), while for others, I only see the individual’s name as plain text. I can't figure out why there's an inconsistency between the two formats. Could anyone help me understand why this happens?

=IFERROR(IFERROR(INDEX({LRT.Requestor(s) Name}, MATCH([MLL ID]@row, {LRT.MLL ID}, 0)), INDEX({CLRT.RN.Helper}, MATCH([MLL ID]@row, {CLRT.MLL ID}, 0))), "")

Reg Product Manager is on the sheet with the above formula and is a contact list:

LRT.Requestor(s)Name I believe is where the free text is coming from and the row it would be matching to shows the contact icon:

CLRT.RN.Helper is another contact list column and the people from here are coming through as contacts not just text:

This last screenshot I have a very similar column being used next to the one in question and all these seem to be coming through correctly, but you can see the VN person is messed up!

For reference here is that other formula for the working column:

=IFERROR(IFERROR(INDEX({LRT.Assigned To}, MATCH([MLL ID]@row, {LRT.MLL ID}, 0)), INDEX({CLRT.AT.Helper}, MATCH([MLL ID]@row, {CLRT.MLL ID}, 0))), "")

Any assistance is appreciated, thank you!

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!