SUMIF Formula for Multiple Criteria from Multiple Sheets

bee2
bee2 ✭✭
edited 01/23/24 in Formulas and Functions

I want a tally of the results in {Master-# of Assets} and {VisionHub- # of Assets} from two different sheets (that are almost identical in columns)

I want a formula that will give me this tally across both sheets with the condition that the Team Managing is in the Primary Column and the FY is in the [Primary Column]$2 cell.

=SUMIFS({Master-# of Assets}, {MASTER-Team Managing}, [Primary Column]@row, {Master- FY}, ([Primary Column]$2) + SUMIFS({VisionHub-# of Assets}, {VisionHub-Team Managing}, [Primary Column]@row, {VisionHub-FY}, ([Primary Column]$2)))

Current formula is returning “0” in all rows even though this is incorrect. When I take out the FY reference (so 2nd criteria) then it has the correct results but isn’t sorting by FY.

Any suggestions on why this isn’t working?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try removing a closing parenthesis from the very end and putting it immediately after the first ([Primary Column]$2) reference. You are forgetting to close out that first SUMIFS before moving on to the second one.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!