Automatic email with copy of responses submitted

Options

Hi,

Within the form is it possible to make it default to send a copy of responses to their email upon submission? (without having the need of participant to check in the box stating send me a copy of responses)

There is an email field within form already

Best Answers

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can send them a notification that includes the data they entered in the form.

Here's a help article if you're unfamiliar with sheet automation: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2479061-automate-processes-end-to-end-with-visual-workflows.

You can set the Trigger to "when a row is added," select the "Alert someone" action, then set it to send to the contact in the email column.

• Julie Fortney
    Answer ✓
    Options

SysAdmins can disable the Unrestricted option for all users in their account. Some choose to do so to protect against users inadvertently sharing sensitive info with external users.

Your admin can change the setting in the Admin Center if desired.

If not, if you have Dynamic View you could create a view where external users can see their entries without having access to the underlying sheet. Otherwise, your best bet is probably to just keep using the "Send me a copy of my responses" checkbox.

Answers

• Julie Fortney
    Options

Sure. You can disable that box in the Form Settings, and set up an automation to send a notification to their email address when the row is added.

• Mounika
    Mounika ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Julie Fortney

Thanks for responding. Is it possible to automatically send the submitted responses back to participants using workflow? I have no clue, that I can do this. Could you please elaborate more? Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Mounika

• Julie Fortney
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can send them a notification that includes the data they entered in the form.

Here's a help article if you're unfamiliar with sheet automation: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2479061-automate-processes-end-to-end-with-visual-workflows.

You can set the Trigger to "when a row is added," select the "Alert someone" action, then set it to send to the contact in the email column.

• Mounika
    Mounika ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much @Julie Fortney

I have created a workflow based on your suggestions, but I can see that there is a limitation. The email address column will capture emails of the various participants across the globe (who are not a licensed Smartsheet users or to whom this sheet is not shared with). Why "Unrestricted" menu was disabled, even though I am a licensed Smartsheet user? Could you please assist me with this? Thank you!

• Julie Fortney
    Answer ✓
    Options

SysAdmins can disable the Unrestricted option for all users in their account. Some choose to do so to protect against users inadvertently sharing sensitive info with external users.

Your admin can change the setting in the Admin Center if desired.

If not, if you have Dynamic View you could create a view where external users can see their entries without having access to the underlying sheet. Otherwise, your best bet is probably to just keep using the "Send me a copy of my responses" checkbox.

• Mounika
    Mounika ✭✭✭
    Options