Import Excel with multiple worksheets (Including Reports/Dashboards) to Smartsheet

Options
Arps
Arps
edited 01/29/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello, I have a multi worksheet excel sheet : includes a tab for each: Introduction Worksheet, Data Worksheet, and reports linked to the Data Worksheet/dashboards Worksheet (includes various formulas).

Is there a way to import the whole content into smartmeet. We cannot purchase additional addons unfortortunately. I tried the import steps mentioned in earlier posts (importing one worksheet at a time to a new smartsheet within a new workspace but the Introduction worksheet which is mainly a lengend and the reports/dashboards are not coming through since we have to select a row during import.

Thank you in advance, Arpita

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Arps

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Arps
    Arps
    edited 01/30/24
    Options

Hello Andree, Thank you for responding. Here is a snapshot of the sample file. First sheet is for information (mostly text and legend), second is the data, third is the Dashboard and other sheets are informational. The use case is to import the excel sheet (all worksheets which includes the "Dashboard" as shown in below picture). Thank you in advance!

Best Regards, Arps

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Arps

You will need to import one tab at a time. Currently there is no way to import excel data directly to a Smartsheet Dashboard, so for your Dashboard tab, you'll need to re-create the charts you're seeing by selecting your data again in a Dashboard Chart widget.

Here are some free webinars that may help you get started:

Cheers,

Genevieve