#UNPARSEABLE COUNTIFS Formula

I am trying to count two multi-select columns but keep getting UNPARSEABLE error. Do you see an error in my formula?

=COUNTIFS({Issue tracker DSCSA-MDM}, HAS(@cell, "IT"):{Issue/Task}, HAS(@cell, "Issue"))

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The screen shot suggests there is an issue with the cross references. You should have two cross sheet references and each one should include only one column.

Can you select only the "Source of issue" column, give that a name, and use that instead of {Issue tracker DSCSA-MDM} in the formula.

Then select only the "Issue /Task or monitoring" column, give that a name and use it instead of {Issue/Task} in the formula?

Answers

• =COUNTIFS({Issue tracker DSCSA-MDM}, HAS(@cell, "IT"), {Issue/Task}, HAS(@cell, "Issue")) This gives me an incorrect argument.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The second formula looks good.

=COUNTIFS({Issue tracker DSCSA-MDM}, HAS(@cell, "IT"), {Issue/Task}, HAS(@cell, "Issue"))

Can you try removing and replacing each " in case there are some curved ones in there?

• I did, and I still get an Incorrect argument. =COUNTIFS({Issue tracker DSCSA-MDM}, HAS(@cell, "IT"), {Issue/Task}, HAS(@cell, "Issue"))

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The screen shot suggests there is an issue with the cross references. You should have two cross sheet references and each one should include only one column.

Can you select only the "Source of issue" column, give that a name, and use that instead of {Issue tracker DSCSA-MDM} in the formula.

Then select only the "Issue /Task or monitoring" column, give that a name and use it instead of {Issue/Task} in the formula?

• Thank you, KPH. I renamed the columns, and it worked. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!