Record a date for previous check box

I want to record a date for when the check box is true. I know I can set up and automation but I want to see the dates of previous check box.

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would have to set up the record date automation but also set up a second sheet with a copy row automation on the original sheet set to copy the row when the date changes. Then you can use a JOIN/COLLECT to pull all of the dates together based on a unique identifier for each row.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• ginamt3
    ginamt3 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure I worded that correctly. I set up the automation today. But there are already check boxes (true). is there anyway to capture what date that the marked complete in the checkbox. So the ones that are already checked I need the date that is was checked. moving forward I would just use the automated timestamp.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The ones that have already been checked would be a manual process either by checking the cell history or the activity log.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• ginamt3
    ginamt3 ✭✭✭✭

I thought so..

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!