Sharing a sheet with someone outside the organization (Business)

My organization has a business account, and we do most of our operations using the tool. We have a project with a major stakeholder outside the organization that I would like to be able to access and edit a particular sheet. What would be the best way to do this? He does not have a smartsheet license as his company does not use the platform. He's a bit leery of using his company email for the 'free' option as well, suspecting a later auto-subscription enrollment.

Thank you all.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nathaniel in IT

I hope you're well and safe!

There are no issues with him signing up for a free account.

Another option could be to publish the sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I tried the publishing option, but it still wants an account to be made when he tries to access it. Is there no way to share it to someone who does not have a smartsheets account? Did we do something wrong? The first part of publishing is "Publishing a sheet, report, or dashboard generates a unique URL that anyone can access without logging in to Smartsheet"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Nathaniel in IT

If you publish it so, anyone with the link can access it. They shouldn't need to log in.

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.