February Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options
15678911»

Comments

• c.swerts
    Options

Since I was very young and as far back as I can remember, I have always loved science. That's why I pursued my studies in this field. I worked in a nuclear power plant and in vaccine production for a pharmaceutical giant. Then my career path and preferences evolved to focus on continuous improvement and lean management, still within a pharmaceutical company.

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Childhood feels like such a long time ago!

The earliest memory I have of what I wanted to be when I grew up was a police officer or lawyer - to serve and protect. I'm ageing myself here I know but I grew up watching shows like Magnum, TJ Hooker, LA Law, and Matlock. Simpler times!

Today I work in the technology space (having had roles in Services/Implementation, Development, Product Management, PMO, and now in Operations working as a Process Architect).

Haven't figured out what I want to be when I eventually grow up!

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Ceridian

LinkedIn

• Diana K.
    Diana K. ✭✭✭
    Options

As a child, I dreamt of becoming a world traveler, but my journey led me to become a scientist. After the pandemic was over and working long hours, I made a career change. Now, I am a Project Manager overseeing the development of new tests.

• Stacey C
    Stacey C ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In 8th grade, I wanted to be a cruise director, like Julie from the Love Boat! My high school schedule was supposed to include 4 years each of Spanish, French and German languages, with a little Russian thrown in for good measure, plus world and cultural studies. In ninth grade, Syracuse University presented on their School of Engineering majors and I never looked back! I got a degree in Engineering Management, worked as an Industrial Engineer for 8 years, and for the past 17, I've worked in Project Management for a private EMS agency! What a winding road!

• holiday_vanerem
    Options

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a teacher. My poor sisters had to spend the whole summer "going to school" while I pretended to be their teacher. Today I've just started a new role as a Data Integration Manager and my role includes training people!

• wardl14
    wardl14 ✭✭✭
    Options

As a kid, I changed by mind weekly on what I wanted to be when a grew up. Ranging from a teacher, to a doctor, to a professional singer. Even now when thinking about my future I change my mind almost weekly. I currently work in project quality assurance.

• Jae Anderson
    Jae Anderson ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wanted to be an artist, a teacher, and a secretary. I searched other paths throughout my education but have come back to my roots. I am an Administrative Assistant by trade, a teacher to my daughter (as a mom and through home school during the pandemic), and an artist in my spare time.

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wanted to be a lawyer, and I still do. I think I would do well at it.

Instead I worked at the Tampa airport for 20 years, managing the Air Cargo Operations, a US Customs bonded warehouse, a Foreign Trade Zone, and US Mail operations. I loved that job.

I then stepped into software development and testing.

After that I transitioned into Business Analysis which has resulted in growth into my current role of Sr Business Configuration Analyst in which I develop in Smartsheet and Power BI. While doing this I became certified in Project Management only to better understand the work of many of the teams I support.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As a child, I wanted to work in music, so when I got older, I started DJing, rapping, and producing music.

Then, I went to a music school and a media program focusing on sound engineering, and the next step I planned was to become a music producer.

To become a music producer, we're talking about at least three more years, and life took me in a different direction, so I decided to keep it on a hobby level instead.

I love it! 🔊 🎛️ 🎹

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

This discussion has been closed.