Project Schedule Management template - dashboard widget issue

tessa d.
tessa d.
edited 02/02/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm using the Project Schedule Management template and after some time inputting data, the two charts pulling from the default Tasks by Status report stopped working. I've tried re-adding multiple times, and deleting and re-adding the chart. But when I click Add Data, choose the same report, and click ok, nothing happens and the errors are still there.

Answers

• Hi @tessa d.

Is this still happening for you today? Is it possible that the Report was updated and so the chart is no longer able to calculate fully?

Since it's coming from a pre-made template, I would maybe suggest creating a Copy of the Dashboard completely (with Save as New) to see if this resolved the issue.

Let us know what you find out!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hey @tessa d.

I had a side-note thought about this. What plan type are you on?

Looking at the chart and report, this Report is using the Grouping and Summary feature that is only available for Business and Enterprise plans. If you're on a Pro plan the charts may not be able to render since that feature is not supported.

We can help you build out formulas in a separate "metrics" sheet to generate the same data points if you need that chart.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now