Multiple Dashboards with Reports - Easy Addition Methods

Hi,

I've inherited around 80 Projects that each have 26 screens (Sheets Reports, and Dashboards). These cover 5 IT teams and 6 Business Units.

I've created Dashboards for several key stakeholders, which all feed from one Master Report, but then have Sorts and Filters applied to feed into the respective Dashboards.

What I'm looking for is a simpler way to add new projects to these reports rather than adding a specific sheet to each report. I created a new Project yesterday and had 66 (yes, sixty-six) distinct reports that I needed to add the new project to.

The only way in which to accomplish this that I am aware of is accessing each individual Report, clicking on 'Source Sheet', and then navigating through the Folder structure to select the new sheet.

I've seen mention of a possibility of selecting a whole Workspace to feed into a Report, but as my target Source Sheet is itself 4 Folder levels inside a workspace, with only the title to signify which sheet I need to add as a Source.

Is there a simpler, less time-consuming way of doing this?

Currently on a Business Plan.

Many thanks.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can reference the workspace and then (assuming you have a regular naming convention) create an additional filter in the report to only pull in sheets where the sheet name contains "xyz".

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• PM_Reeves
    PM_Reeves ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/07/24

Thanks @Paul Newcome

That sounds like a method worth trying out.

I'm pretty new to this company and when different stakeholders see the functionality of the Dashboards, they tend to want their own.

I went from two reports to twenty-four, and now it's risen to 66 (and counting) so this will hopefully save a shed-load of time.

Have a great day.

Update: Just tried and didn't realise that you could use the filter in that way - this is a god send.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. 👍️

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com