Live Inventory Count

Hello,

I am attempting to create a sheet that can track chemical inventory based on type of chemical and container size. I would like a "live" inventory count to populate in the Qty Remaining but am struggling on figuring out the formula to use and how to set it up.

I think I needs a SUMIFS formula but am getting stuck on how to select the cells so it pulls correctly. I added an In/Out column so the formula could detect if "out" is selected the number in the "Qty" column needs to be subtracted and if "in" is selected the number in the Qty column needs to be added to the Qty Remaining column.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would use something like this:

=SUMIFS(QTY:QTY, [In/Out]:[In/Out], @cell = "In", Chemical:Chemical, @cell = Chemical@row, [Container Size]:[Container Size], @cell = [Container Size]@row, Date:Date, @cell <= Date@row) - SUMIFS(QTY:QTY, [In/Out]:[In/Out], @cell = "Out", Chemical:Chemical, @cell = Chemical@row, [Container Size]:[Container Size], @cell = [Container Size]@row, Date:Date, @cell <= Date@row)

The above should give you your running total.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!