How to make rows sort automatically even when a new row is added.

Is there a way to have the rows that are added with a more recent date to sort to the top of the child rows automatically? I found a way to sort to make this happen. But it does not do it when new rows are added. I always have to re-sort when rows are added. Is there a way to make this happen automatically?

And with that, is there a way to highlight the rows that were added within the last week to a different color just for that week so that there is a clear identifier that they are new rows?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The sorting would need to be done through the API or the premium add-on Bridge. Only reports are able to "auto-sort".

Highlighting would be done with the use of a helper [Created (Date)] type system generated column and conditional formatting set to highlight the row when the Created column is within the past 7 days.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers