Automated Email Notification Skipping Recipients

We are using smartsheet to send out notifications about project decisions. We send out the decisions on a dedicated date so there are often notices sent. For some reason the automation is skipping some recipients. We send a copy to ourselves to validate that in fact these were not sent and have confirmed it's not an issue with the permissions on the email. Is there a way to trace and confirm that emails were sent/received? Also, we have issue with email copies being truncated if too many recipients are included. We have run in batches to get around this, but it would be great if there was a way to just confirm which notices were sent and that when an email was too long it would continue the list in a new email.

Answers

• Hi @Mary Clare McCorry

There are a few reasons why a specified contact may not receive an email from a Smartsheet automation:

If you have checked all of these elements but certain users are still not seeing the email, it would be helpful to know more about your process (the sheet, how the workflow is built and what's triggering it, how you're specifying the recipients etc), but please block out sensitive data.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Genevieve,

Is it possible to meet and walk you through the workflow. I have checked for all of the elements that you listed. I believe this is a bug in the algorithm when it runs on a high volume of rows. The only way I can run a "control" is by having the messages also send to myself and I can confirm that there is a recipient being missed because they do not show up in my own list, when I receive everyone else message.

Best,

Mary Clare

• Hi @Mary Clare McCorry

If you've been through all the possible steps above, then please contact Smartsheet Support with all of this information. They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel where you can send screen recordings and show emails etc.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now