(Card View) How to get "Fields to display" to Dynamically change based on category.

Options
NHarward
NHarward ✭✭
edited 02/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I am trying to get my cards to change their displayed fields dynamically based on the column that they're in.

I have check boxes and displayed information that is useful in the first category, but once the card is moved, I want to see a different set of information.

Anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Tags:

Best Answer

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!

The "Fields to display" in the Card View cannot dynamically change based on the category column directly

As a workaround, try to create a dynamic Card View where the displayed fields change based on the value of the category column. 

While the fields themselves do not dynamically change within the Card View, you can control which fields are displayed on the cards using conditional formatting rules and column visibility settings

Hope this helps

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

Answers

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!

The "Fields to display" in the Card View cannot dynamically change based on the category column directly

As a workaround, try to create a dynamic Card View where the displayed fields change based on the value of the category column. 

While the fields themselves do not dynamically change within the Card View, you can control which fields are displayed on the cards using conditional formatting rules and column visibility settings

Hope this helps

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

• NHarward
    Options

Thanks for the advice @Humashankar! I think I understand what you're saying. Would you happen to have a resource that further expands on conditional formatting and column visibility specifically related to card view?