Problems refreshing a VLOOKUP with new data

Options

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I successfully created a VLOOKUP between 2 sheets, and updated it with new data last week.

However, today when I tried to do the same refresh, I am consistently getting #NOMATCH whenever I reference the new sheet. I tried deleting all the sheet references, making new references, clearing out all the formulas, etc... However I can still successfully link to last week's sheet - just not the new one 🤨

Problem formula:

Successful formula:

I confirmed there are values that should link in the problem formula above. Help please!

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does your new sheet have an error in it somewhere? I don’t mean the formula, but the sheet with the data. With smartsheet formula if the column that is being looked through for a match has an error in it, it throws off the whole thing, even if there are cells that do match. Could that be the problem?

• CatSusk
    CatSusk ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wound up recreating the new sheet yesterday and it finally worked, so I think you are correct. This sheet was imported from Excel - I made sure to change the number column format first in excel to "number" instead of "number stored as text" - that's probably what caused the issue.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glad you have it sorted. Thanks for letting me know.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!