PLEASE IGNORE - I CANT DELETE - Parent Cells - Formula incorrect & unable to edit formula

Alyssa Culley
edited 02/20/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I FIGURED IT OUT SORRY GUYS - HOW DO I DELETE A QUESTION ONCE IVE POSTED IT? FACEPALM

Hi guys

I have a parent cell that has calculated incorrectly - see screenshot. You can see that the total number of days is way off. Every time I double click on the cell or try to edit the cell i get a pop up with the attached error message.

How do i edit the parent cell formula? The others seem to be correct. When i edit the child cells under this subheading and hit save it doesnt change the parent cell value. It will change the phase heading value but not the parent cell.

Thanks in advance

Alyssa

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was just about to reply as well 😀

If you click on flag at the bottom left of your message, and report, there is an option for delete. I believe this sends a message to the moderators and they can delete the post, so no one will ever know.

• Thank you so much KPH - I am clearly verrrrrry new to SmartSheet LOL SMH :) :)

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You know where to come when you’re stuck.

You can troubleshoot problems.

You’re not doing badly at all. ⭐️

I like to add a column to my project plans with a COUNT(ANCESTORS) formula in it. I make it a column formula then hide the column. But I use that column in my conditional formatting to give each level a slightly different color. Like you have green for your top level (grandparent), you could have a lighter shade for the parents below, but leave the children white.

• Hey @Alyssa Culley

I'm going to leave this discussion up as @KPH has a nice recommendation that may help other members with a similar question! Let me know if there's any part of it you'd like me to delete though.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now