Meet Debbie Sawyer, our February Member Spotlight! 🎉

Options

Put your hands in the air like you just don’t care and get to know @Debbie Sawyer, our February Member Spotlight!

In addition to being a newly inducted Community Champion (🎉), Debbie is the Chief Smartsheet Solutions Officer at Smarter Business Processes and lives in Southampton, England.

Debbie spent the first 20 years of her career as an IT Trainer specializing in Microsoft Office courses. One of the freelance trainers she worked with introduced her to Smartsheet and in 2016, encouraged her to take over his role as a Smartsheet Trainer and Consultant at Smarter Business Processes. Since then, she has enjoyed learning and using the platform for many different builds.

One of her favorite projects she’s worked on is writing a job tracking solution for a client in the construction industry. “He said it ‘revolutionized his business’ which is great feedback,” she says. Currently, Debbie is supporting a major hotel brand with several builds, including complex PMO and Marketing Campaign Management solutions.

Debbie dedicates time to helping others in the Community because it helps her get to know the product. “Answering other people's questions and queries has clarified my understanding of Smartsheet,” she explains. “It has helped me develop great workshops where I could highlight the areas that users struggle with based on what I see in the Community.”

Because of her outstanding work, she was recently added to the Community Champions program. “To be recognized by a global company like Smartsheet made this Mum sitting in her little room in a small town in England feel very proud,” she says. (Alison note: We’re proud of you too!)

Debbie plans to attend ENGAGE in London in May, and we can’t wait to see her there.

Outside of work, Debbie is passionate about education and giving children the best start in life. She has been the Chair of Governors at a local Federation of Schools for ten years. She also volunteers as a General Secretary of a camera club, and enjoys hula hooping (even in the dark with her LED hoop).

Thank you for all you do, Debbie!

---

Do you know someone in the Community who should be next month's Member Spotlight? Nominate them here. 🤩

Comments

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    edited 02/20/24
    Options

Congrats on the Member Spotlight, @Debbie Sawyer!!

You are awesome, and we're so happy that you're part of the Smartsheet Community. Also, I must say I am fascinated by this photo, incredible 🤩

• Arsineh
    Arsineh Employee Admin
    Options

Enjoyed reading this and getting to know you better @Debbie Sawyer.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We at Smarter Business Processes couldn't be more proud of the work that Debbie does for us and our clients.

We are delighted that her efforts have been appreciated here, so @Debbie.sawyer we thank you for your skills and professionalism not just when consulting, as your bite sized Training workshops also get rave reviews.

Richard Rymill

CEO Smarter business Processes

• Gwen Rymill SBP
    Gwen Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is awesome @Debbie Sawyer and a true reflection of your skills and the esteem in which your clients and team mates hold you.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Having just earned my 9 years in the Smartsheet Community badge, I can say that the journey alongside Smartsheet has been a really enjoyable one as our team has grown over the years.

Delighted to see that @Debbie Sawyer has had her skills recognised by the community.

As our Chief Smartsheet Solutions Officer (CSSO) she leads our Consulting and Training team in the best way possible and is an inspiration to work with not just internally, but evidenced by the amazing feedback she gets from our clients.

We now look forward to continued solution development using the skills of our technical wizards and the first Smartsheet London Event in May. I look forward to meeting those that are attending. Richard Rymill CEO

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Debbie Sawyer,

saw this only today.

Great to see you and your work presented here! Always a pleasure to cooperate and get insights too. You never know it all ;-)

Greetings

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.