#invalid value for index/collect

Hello,

I have a source sheet that I need to pull in the Tester when both the AssignID and the LOB match. I tried Match first and then read that Collect is better for this scenario. I figure out why I am getter the invalid value.

=(INDEX(COLLECT({Business Assignees Tester}, {Business Assignees AssignID}, AssignID@row, {Business Assignees LOB}, AssignID@row), 1)

Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• jpaulk
    jpaulk ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I figure out what I was doing wrong... I was referencing the wrong row for the Assignees LOB. when I fixed this it worked perfectly. Thank you for your response!

=(INDEX(COLLECT({Business Assignees Tester}, {Business Assignees AssignID}, AssignID@row, {Business Assignees LOB}, Business Line@row), 1)

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The formula syntax looks good. You may see an INVALID VALUE error if the COLLECT does not find anything.

Can you share a screenshot of both sheets, one showing the formula in the cell and the AssignID column and the other showing a row in your data sheet where the AssignID and LOB matches that in the first?

• jpaulk
    jpaulk ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I figure out what I was doing wrong... I was referencing the wrong row for the Assignees LOB. when I fixed this it worked perfectly. Thank you for your response!

=(INDEX(COLLECT({Business Assignees Tester}, {Business Assignees AssignID}, AssignID@row, {Business Assignees LOB}, Business Line@row), 1)

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great news. Well done!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!