Workaround for prepopulated form having query string cleared when user is not logged in

Options

I maintain an internal web app which has a button for generating a form in smartsheet. It does this by building the query string containing required data in the hyperlink on the page. If a user clicks this button, it opens a new tab with the prepopulated smartsheet, user clicks submit. All is well.

But if the user is not logged in, since the query string is cleared after authentication, the form will not have any prepopulated data. Currently the user would close the new tab, and click the button a second time.

Has anyone discovered a workaround for this scenario? Is there an endpoint my web app can hit which simply returns if the user is logged in or not?

Tags:

Answers

• Lee Joramo
    Lee Joramo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think there is a good solution here. I would like to be proven wrong. We should probably file a feature request.

The two things that I have done are:

• Don't require a login, which for most use cases is probably ok. Of course, there is the possibility of getting spam submissions, but this has never been a problem for us.
    • Build a custom form and submit via the API. I have done a great deal of this for creating forms that collect data beyond the Smartsheet form model.