When activation date is 30 or less days from the Request Date, auto populate YES

Answers

• Walt L
    Walt L ✭✭✭

Hello all (again)

I'm working on something very similar and have the following situation:

I have a Request Date column - which is used for the date an entry is made from 1 team that gets emailed out to my team for a job to be scheduled (typically, it's 30 or more days out which is fine, but if it's 30 or less, we need to know). There's a need/ask to have the Expedite/T-30 (30 days out or less for this scheduled date to happen) to auto-populate to YES. I already have 1 condition set up that when it's manually entered as YES, it turns a specific color. The scheduled date is another column. I've tried numerous ways to set a condition that if the ACTIVATION DATE is 30 or less days from the REQUEST DATE, it auto populates to YES.... no luck. Any help will be appreciated. Hopefully the pic helps.

if the activation date is 30 or less days from the Request Date, I want the Expedite/T-30 column to auto populate YES, be bold, and a special color.

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Could you just remove the manual option on the form? You could then just use a formula to populate that column and conditional formatting to handle the bold, etc.

=IF(AND(ISDATE([Node Actv. Date]@row), ISDATE([Request Date]@row), [Node Actv. Date]@row < [Request Date]@row + 30), "YES", "NO")

Your other option (I haven't tested this, but I believe it should work) would be to add an additional column with the above formula (although you could use a checkbox column) and use automation to replace the EXPEDITE / T-30 cell if the new column is checked.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!