How would i go about adding other items I'd like to be counted on the spreadsheet?

Using this formula to count what is in cell AD4. I also have other items or text that I'd also like to count. How would this be added to this formula?

IF(C12="","",COUNTIF(C17:C26,$AD$4))

Appreciate any and all help!

Jeff

Answers

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jabbere

Hello,

Are you talking about adding criteria to the same function? Or a seperate column? Or a sum of a count of multiple elements?

In a sense, how will it be displayed too?

• Hi Michael,

Would be to the same function and to be able to copy it to other cells.

say in AD4 had the word OT1, and in AD5 OT2, would like everytime those and others are listed in cells, they'd be counted as well. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Appreciate your quick response.

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jabbere

Depends on how the pattern of data is set up. If all data in column AD4 has values that start with OT or end in a unique number, you can use a CONTAINS(), LEFT(), RIGHT(), MID(), multiple COUNTIF() columns with a SUMIF() to finish it off in another column.

Hard to say, could you provide a screenshot of what you are working with? Feel free to black out any values you don't want to be seen, but I'll need to see the columns (layout) of the sheet.

• There's really nothing in these cells.

Cell C4 was typed in, and cells F4 to L4 all have =F3, =F4+1 and so forth

• Appreciate your time Michael. Just trying to ask this is kinda frustrating. Hehehe. so if you look at C4, I'd like that to be displayed after pulling the data from F4 to L4.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!