Cell Change Alert

2»

Answers

• Vince Stamey
    Vince Stamey ✭✭✭✭

Sounds good. Thank you for all the help. let's noodle on it.

Vince

• Vince Stamey
    Vince Stamey ✭✭✭✭

When I check a row other than row 1 that row copies by itself....

• Vince Stamey
    Vince Stamey ✭✭✭✭

Even when I try to do a manual copy to another sheet by selecting 1 row, right-clicking, and selecting copy to another sheet, it automatically selects all row to copy, instead of letting me copy that one row. This only happens when I select row 1.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just spotted that row 1 is a parent. I think that is the issue. Copying the parent also copies the children. I just thought of 2 workarounds. Let me think through which I prefer. I still think this is the right approach, we just need to adapt to cope with the parent. Either by moving that last formula down a row (or up if you insert one above) (if we do this we can delete the original helper check box), or reversing the process and referring to that cell in the second sheet. Let me noodle on which I prefer. Or go ahead and try (if this makes sense - I’m cooking and on my phone).

• Vince Stamey
    Vince Stamey ✭✭✭✭

Got it working. Thanks again for your help!

Vince

• Vince Stamey
    Vince Stamey ✭✭✭✭

I moved the formula down a row.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you are happy with that, I think that is the way to go. You don't need the helper checkbox anymore as your logic is a very simple trigger if anything in that column changes then copy the row. And as the only row with anything on is the number that you want (and it isn't a parent 😏) then you should be good!