Formula issue

Hi,

Im trying to SUM the amount in Infrateq Pre-Sales Days Used column if the name is correct in Infrateq Pre-Sales assigned column. but I keep getting ERROR

=SUMIF([Infrateq Pre-Sales assigned]:[Infrateq Pre-Sales assigned] "Amr Safwat", [Infrateq Pre-Sales Days Used]:[Infrateq Pre-Sales Days Used])

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/05/24

Hi @pmolloy,

please try the following formula ( copy the code and paste it in the cell for sum formula )

=SUMIF([Infrateq Pre-Sales assigned]:[Infrateq Pre-Sales assigned], @cell = "Amr Safwat",
    [Infrateq Pre-Sales Days Used]:[Infrateq Pre-Sales Days Used])

following is a screenshot shows the result

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Anjanesh Vaidya
    Anjanesh Vaidya ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi pmolloy,

You can use the following formula. I have corrected a syntax error in it and its working for me.

=SUMIF([Infrateq Pre-Sales assigned]:[Infrateq Pre-Sales assigned], "Amr Safwat", [Infrateq Pre-Sales Days Used]:[Infrateq Pre-Sales Days Used])

Thank You,

Anjanesh Vaidya

Thanks,

Anjanesh Vaidya

Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️

• Leela Lodhi
    Leela Lodhi ✭✭✭

Hi @pmolloy,

It seems the comma is missing after the range, Please add a comma and try again.

Try this:

=SUMIF([Infrateq Pre-Sales assigned]:[Infrateq Pre-Sales assigned], "Amr Safwat", [Infrateq Pre-Sales Days Used]:[Infrateq Pre-Sales Days Used])

• Wow amazing. Thank you for your help :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!