COUNTIFS error

Options

So, a simple formula (that worked before), is now not working:

=COUNTIFS([Approved 2024 $$]:[Approved 2024 $$], "", [Targeted Area]:[Targeted Area], "Atopic Dermatitis")

Even if I reverse the [Approved 2024 $$]:[Approved 2024 $$] and put it at the end; it won't look at that column and count those "out". It just counts the Total in the [Targeted Area] column.

What am I doing wrong?

Tags:

Best Answer

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Susan Swisher

The formula seems to be counting the items when Approved 2024 $$ is blank AND Targeted Area is Atopic Dermatitis. Is that what you're trying to do? If you're trying to get a count where the Approved 2024 $$ is not blank, your formula should be =COUNTIFS([Approved 2024 $$]:[Approved 2024 $$], <>"", [Targeted Area]:[Targeted Area], "Atopic Dermatitis")

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Susan Swisher

The formula seems to be counting the items when Approved 2024 $$ is blank AND Targeted Area is Atopic Dermatitis. Is that what you're trying to do? If you're trying to get a count where the Approved 2024 $$ is not blank, your formula should be =COUNTIFS([Approved 2024 $$]:[Approved 2024 $$], <>"", [Targeted Area]:[Targeted Area], "Atopic Dermatitis")

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training

• Susan Swisher
    Susan Swisher ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@AravindGP !! that was the answer <> I knew I was doing something wrong. Thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!