Multiple dates in a single sheet

I am having trouble tracking my project due to frequent date changes. Can I track the original and actual start/end dates?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you looked into the baselining feature?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hi Dolley,

I track Target Start and End dates vs current Start and End dates, then include variance calculations to show differences between that baseline date and the current date.

1. To start - add two columns to the plan. "Target Start" and "Target End"
    2. Then add If not already in your plan.
    3. "Schedule Delta (%)", Formula =IFERROR([Schedule Delta (Working Days)]@row / Duration@row, "")
    4. "Schedule Delta (Working Days)", Formula =IFERROR(IF([End Date]@row = [Target End Date]@row, 0, IF([End Date]@row > [Target End Date]@row, NETWORKDAYS([Target End Date]@row, [End Date]@row) - 1, IF([End Date]@row < [Target End Date]@row, NETWORKDAYS([Target End Date]@row, [End Date]@row) + 1, ""))), "")
    5. "Days", Formula =NETWORKDAY([Start Date]@row, [End Date]@row)
    6. "%", =Days@row / (SUMIF(Level:Level, ="", Days:Days))
    7. "Variance" =[Target End Date]@row - [End Date]@row
    8. Those formulas combined with a Shedule Health formula will give you overall health indicators as well as line item indicators of the plans's progress.

For instance, I can see at the line item a task is behind the original schedule, but at the milestone level, we are still on track for the original date and at the project level, the schedule health is Green.

I hope this helps you! -Jeff

• Dolley
    Dolley ✭✭

@Paul Newcome not yet, but will be happy to dive into it. Thanks for the suggestion

• Dolley
    Dolley ✭✭

@Jeff J Johnson thanks for the breakdown. I will try it out and get back to you with any feedback.