Calendar View

Options
Cheryl C
Cheryl C
edited 03/08/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi

I want to be able to show international holidays in a calendar view on a dashboard. I have created a sheet with the with Country, Start and End Dates of the holidays and the type of holiday it is. Conditional formatting has been applied to differentiate between the holiday types.

I have embedded a sheet as a web part onto a dashboard showing the calendar view. Can I show the conditional formatting in the bars on the calendar rather than just the branding colours that are applied to gantt bars? And, can I get the country name in the bar itself or not?

For clarity we don't have the calendar Smartsheet add on - not sure if this makes a difference or not.

TIA

Cheryl

Best Answer

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, Cheryl,

You can include into the conditional formatting rule also how the Gantt Chart should look like and this will be applied also in the Calendar view:

Also you have setting for the project where you can choose which field should be presented in the Task bar of the Gantt Chart and this will be applied also for the Calendar view:

Hope this help :)

Best,

Beata

Answers

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, Cheryl,

You can include into the conditional formatting rule also how the Gantt Chart should look like and this will be applied also in the Calendar view:

Also you have setting for the project where you can choose which field should be presented in the Task bar of the Gantt Chart and this will be applied also for the Calendar view:

Hope this help :)

Best,

Beata

• Cheryl C
    Options

Fabulous @SmartWay360

This worked and so simple. I just needed to add a formula to my Primary Column to pull the value from the Country column as this needs to be a drop down and only the primary column will show in the display label as far as I can see.

Thanks again.