How to count the number of completed milestones in a project plan

Hi folks,

I'm managing a number of projects, that all start about the same time, and all have identical milestones (see Milestones star column). I'm trying to build a graph that shows the number of completed milestones as of each week, over time.

In Excel, I would do something like this:

I'm trying to add a sheet summary to each project plan sheet that counts the number of milestones that have an Actual Complete Date less than or equal to 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, etc. and then graph those.

Here's what I have, but it keeps coming back as unparsable. I've tried it with an AND, but that doesn't work either.

=COUNTIF((Milestone:Milestone, 1,),[Actual Complete Date]:[Actual Complete Date] <=DATE(2024,03,01))

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

• brian_at_hs
    Answer ✓

I actually just solved it with the help of a brilliant coworker! Correct formula was

=COUNTIFS(Milestone:Milestone, 1, [Actual Complete Date]:[Actual Complete Date], <=DATE(2024, 3, 1))

Answers

• brian_at_hs
    Answer ✓

I actually just solved it with the help of a brilliant coworker! Correct formula was

=COUNTIFS(Milestone:Milestone, 1, [Actual Complete Date]:[Actual Complete Date], <=DATE(2024, 3, 1))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!