How to give permission to specific people to edit some particular rows in a sheet and report?

Same time How to lock rows for specific people?

Answers

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Permissions are for whole sheet, not rows. You can give Admin, Editor - can share, Editor - can't share and Viewer permissions.

You are using "Lock rows" to protect their content from changing:

• You must have Owner or Admin permissions to a sheet to lock or unlock columns and rows
    • Others with Owner or Admin permissions will be able to edit and delete locked columns and rows
    • Editors will be able to see locked columns/rows, but they won't be able to delete or edit the data in them. 
    • If you want to limit access to certain information you can use Report, Publish the report and share the link or Update Requests workflow.
  • Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/10/24

Hi @RUPESH KUMAR

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Beata's excellent advice/answer.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps
    • I recently developed a (what I call) Dynamic View Light. It's quite advanced, but in short, it uses cross-sheet formulas, INDEX/MATCH, and a specific structure and method, so it can only show data that should be available.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!