Intake form

Hi all! I have an intake form that collects request submissions from an approval form connected to sheet. Once the request is approved, I need to transfer collected data to individual vendor tracking sheets. I have the automation set up to copy row but it is copying ALL data collected. I don't want all data shared bc some inputs are internal.

I was trying to do an index match but there is nothing unique about the information that is being requested. Hoping for some help to move this approval process along.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nicole_Codi17

Copy workflow will copy all columns from your main sheet to the destination sheet(s). I believe your automation has the condition to look for a particular vendor and you have multiple vendor sheets to share relevant information pertaining to the specific vendor. I assume you're sharing the vendor sheets to the different vendors and do not want them to see all the columns of information. If you're sharing the sheet with them as Editors, you can hide the columns that are not to be shown to them. This way, they only see what is relevant. The only drawback is that when the data gets exported to excel, the columns hidden can be unhidden in excel.

The other alternatives which are cleaner are WorkApp or Dynamic View. Both will have license implications.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Thank you Aravind!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nicole_Codi17

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Aravind's excellent advice/answer.

• You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

• Another option would be to use so-called helper sheets. In short, copy the row to a helper sheet and then use my method described previously to get the values you need to another helper sheet and then copy/move the row from that sheet to the main destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Nicole_Codi17

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!