Showing most recent milestone

OS23
OS23 ✭✭✭✭
edited 03/11/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hi there,

Im working on a project where I have series of checkbox inserted for each phases to completion. Upon completion, i'd like the current milestone column to capture the current phase check boxed, irregardless of multiple checkboxes selected.

For example, if checkbox 1, 2 and 3 are checked, i'd like the current milestone column to show it as "Phase 3- Onboarding form completion" stage.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Grendyl
    Grendyl ✭✭

You could use nested IF statements where you start by checking the first box status. If it's checked, then check the second box, etc. Something like IF(phase1checked, IF(phase2checked, IF(phase3checked, IF(phase4checked,"Phase 4", "Phase 3"), "Phase 2"), "Phase 1"), "Not Started")

• OS23
    OS23 ✭✭✭✭

The error message i get is #UNPARSEABLE.

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @OS23

You can use this formula. Be sure to type in the full name of the column or reference the cell in your formula.

=IF([Phase 4 - Seed data ID complete]@row = 1, "Phase 4 - Seed data ID complete", IF([Phase 3 - Onboarding form completion]@row = 1, "Phase 3 - Onboarding form completion", IF([Phase 2 - Backup Strategy Complete]@row = 1, "Phase 2 - Backup Strategy Complete", IF([Phase 1 - Kick-off complete..]@row = 1, "Phase 1 - Kick-off complete.."))))

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!