Formula Issue - Email Addresses

Hello, I am running into an issue of automations and triggers not working because of multiple email addresses in a cell. As you will see in the Dashboard screenshot attached, rows 2 and 3 that have one email address listed under the "College/Department Designee Email" column is leading to all appropriate workflow actions - "College/Unit Review" is "Submitted" and that leads to the "Stage" changing to "a. In Review by College/Unit".

However, as you will see on the top row (row 1), where multiple email addresses are listed under the "College/Department Designee Email" column, the flow is disrupted. This leads me to believe that the use of multiple email addresses is what is causing the issue.

I have provided screenshots of the formulas used in columns "College/Department Designee Name" and "College/Department Designee Email" in the case that I need to revise something in either of those formulas so that the use of multiple (as many as four) email addresses does not halt the flow of triggers/automations.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You cannot currently use a formula to output multiple usable email addresses. You can output a single contact with no problem, but multiple contacts turns into a text string and cannot be used for automations or anything else requiring contact type data.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!