Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Outlook Add In won't connect on new Windows 10

Options
Chuck Cobb
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Just switched machines to a WIn10 box. On my old machine, I lived ate and breathed through the Outlook Add In to get things over to smartsheet.

Now on Win 10, I'm of course prompted to "connect to smartsheet" when I select the smartsheet add in from the menu bar. That is to be expected, new box, right? However, when I get to the next "allow access" screen, the browser (Chrome or IE) pops up, but never goes on, and the connection is never made between Outlook and Smartsheet.

Anyone run into this in Win10 before?

Comments

• leigh1530
    Options

Yes, Actually I was using this feature with Windows 10 and it was cut off.  Can only access directly through 365 now.  It has halted tracking and documentation.  I wish this was working. Thank you for posting.

• rjkato
    rjkato ✭✭
    Options

I had a similar issue - smartsheet support sent the following which worked for me..

Thanks for contacting Smartsheet Support. I've seen this behavior before when the default browser that is set to open HTTPS requests is set to Chrome or another browser other than Internet Explorer. This is currently being investigated as a bug and my escalations team is working with Microsoft and our development team to try and find a permanent solution. 

In the meantime though, you can get this working by changing the default program that handles HTTPS request. This can be done by navigating to Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set Default Programs > Set Program Associations under the Protocols heading.

• Chuck Cobb
    Options

That worked! Thanks

This discussion has been closed.