I would like Smartsheet to Return Number of a Pay Period based on Current Date

Hi everyone. Thank you in advance for trying to help me. Here is what I have.

Based on Today's Data aka Current Date.. I would like to my Pay Roll Information sheet and return the Number of PP. Based on this current date, It should return 6. This sheet contains my Pay Period Information

I am trying to get it to return to my Employee Information sheet so I can calculate the number of PTO Hours.

I have tried several formulas. These are just a couple...

INDEX(COLLECT({Payroll Information Num PP}@row, {Payroll Information PP End}@row, >=[Current Date]@row)

=IF(AND({Pay Period Begins}@row <=TODAY(), ({Pay Period End}@row >=TODAY()), ({2024 PP Number}@row)))

💐 Please

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Catly,

as i understand from your formula you are trying to count the number of [Pay Period Ends] which is less than or equal today, if this is your case please try the following formula:

=IFERROR(COUNTIFS({Payroll Information PP End}, @cell <= TODAY()), "")

and if you like to create formula to count count the number of [Pay Period Ends] which is less than or equal specific day [Current Date] you add it manually if this is your case please try the following formula:

=IFERROR(COUNTIFS({Payroll Information PP End}, @cell <= [Current Date]@row), "")

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Catly,

as i understand from your formula you are trying to count the number of [Pay Period Ends] which is less than or equal today, if this is your case please try the following formula:

=IFERROR(COUNTIFS({Payroll Information PP End}, @cell <= TODAY()), "")

and if you like to create formula to count count the number of [Pay Period Ends] which is less than or equal specific day [Current Date] you add it manually if this is your case please try the following formula:

=IFERROR(COUNTIFS({Payroll Information PP End}, @cell <= [Current Date]@row), "")

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thank you. You helped me a lot. It worked. Not sure why I was trying to make it so hard.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

you are welcome @Catly

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!