Auto popluate a cell based on a check box

I have two columns with check boxes . When one of them is selected I want another column titled Employee Name, to auto populate with the users name who selected either the pass or fail columns.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide some screenshots for context?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• After thinking about it, I may be trying to do too much. What would probably be just is easy is have the employee put in their ID number in the ID column, but then I would like it to auto populate the name column with their name. I'm thinking an index match formula would work for that, but I'm not sure how the formula should look.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Once you create the reference table of names in one column and ids in another, the INDEX/MATCH would look like:

=INDEX({Reference Sheet Name Column}, MATCH([ID #]@row, {Reference Sheet ID Column}, 0))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!