Date of task completion "On Time" or "Late"

I am trying to create a formula that will simply determine if a project is approved "On Time" or "Late", or if the "Plan Due Date [45 Days]" cell is blank (auto-populates based on a submission date cell, not populate the cell at all. I have reviewed several other discussion posts and best answers but I cannot get any of the solutions to work for my sheet. Your help is much appreciated, so that I can complete my task on time :)

Here is my formula:

=IF(AND(NOT(ISDATE([Plan Due Date \[45 Days\]]@row)), ISBLANK([Plan Approved Date]@row)), "On Time", IF(AND(ISBLANK([Plan Approved Date]@row), [Plan Due Date \[45 Days\]]@row >= TODAY()), "On Time", IF([Plan Approved Date]@row > [Plan Due Date \[45 Days\]]@row, "Late", IF([Plan Approved Date]@row = [Plan Due Date \[45 Days\]]@row, "On Time", IF([Plan Approved Date]@row < [Plan Due Date \[45 Days\]]@row, "On Time")))))

Answers

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/18/24

I was able to get the formula to not error out, but I didn't check all your conditions are working the way you want.

Give this a try:

=IF(AND(NOT(ISDATE([Plan Due Date \[45 Days\]]@row)), ISBLANK([Plan Approved Date]@row)), "On Time", IF(AND(ISBLANK([Plan Approved Date]@row), [Plan Due Date \[45 Days\]]@row >= TODAY()), "On Time", IF(OR([Plan Approved Date]@row <= [Plan Due Date \[45 Days\]]@row), "On Time", IF([Plan Approved Date]@row > [Plan Due Date \[45 Days\]]@row, "Late"))))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!