Calendar subscription not showing on all user iPhone/Mobile Outlook app

Options
EEK
EEK ✭✭✭
edited 03/18/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello supersmart community!

I have a calendar view that has a link we can subscribe to in our Outlook calendars. Works great. The issue is that some users cannot add it to their Outlook app on their smartphone. It should show up like the image below, but it's not there or in any other calendar lists.

They have subscribed in Outlook on their computer.

It does show up for other users. There is no option in the mobile app (that i can see) to add it. There is Add an Account, which requires email address etc.

There is shared calendar which asks for people or rooms, which subscribes to someone's or a group's calendar.

or Interesting Calendar which is just like NFL, or My calendars which is blank.

Best Answer

• EEK
    EEK ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

thanks for the assistance! Your list is very helpful, and we did try those things. I forgot to update. After much back and forth I was informed that the Outlook app does not support adding these types of calendars on the mobile app. the work around is to go to the mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome and log into Outlook through O365 and it will show. it will show on the creator of the calendar's mobile app.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @EEK

Were you and your users able to figure this out?

If they're able to see the calendar on the web from a computer but it's missing on their mobile device, my guess here is that it has to do with that specific mobile device or version.

Do you know if they're able to see other external calendars that they've subscribed to on the Web in their mobile device or not?

Here are some suggestions I found on the web for how to sync your mobile calendar with the web calendar:

1. Sync Settings: Ensure that your mobile device's calendar app is set to sync with your Outlook account. Sometimes, calendars may not appear on mobile devices if they are not set to sync automatically.
    2. Mobile App Compatibility: Check if the calendar app on your mobile device supports external calendars or subscriptions.
    3. Refresh Calendars: Try refreshing the calendars on your mobile device. Sometimes, manually refreshing the calendar app can trigger it to fetch the latest data, including any subscribed calendars.
    4. Update App: Make sure that both your Outlook app and your mobile device's operating system are up to date. An outdated app or OS might have compatibility issues with syncing external calendars.

I hope this helps!

Genevieve

• EEK
    EEK ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

thanks for the assistance! Your list is very helpful, and we did try those things. I forgot to update. After much back and forth I was informed that the Outlook app does not support adding these types of calendars on the mobile app. the work around is to go to the mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome and log into Outlook through O365 and it will show. it will show on the creator of the calendar's mobile app.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Ah thank you! And thank you for posting how you were able to get it to show up 🙂