Can you Create a Form from Row Informatoin

Options
AnnThompson
AnnThompson ✭✭
edited 03/20/24 in Smartsheet Basics

We have a sheet of training classes, each class is a row, we need a QR Form for each row to gather class feedback. Is this possible

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @AnnThompson

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, I recently developed something similar for one of my clients, and I used the URL-Query feature combined with a Google sheet to populate the QR codes for that solution.

Can you share some screenshots and elaborate on your structure? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• alexwood
    Options

I can definitely help you with the concept of creating a form from row information! There are a few ways to approach this depending on the tools you're using:

1. Using Spreadsheet Software:

If your row information is in a spreadsheet like Excel or Google Sheets, you can leverage the built-in form creation features. Here's the general process:

• Ensure your data is formatted as a table: This allows the software to recognize column headers as field labels for the form.
    • Locate the "Form" button: This button might be on the ribbon (Excel) or toolbar (Google Sheets).
    • Click "Form" and navigate the options: The software will create a form based on your table structure. You can often customize the form by adding validation rules, setting required fields, etc.

2. Using Online Form Builders:

Many online form builder tools allow you to import data from a CSV file (Comma-Separated Values). This file format essentially represents your spreadsheet data. Here's the workflow:

• Export your data as a CSV file: Most spreadsheet programs offer an option to export data as a CSV.
    • Choose an online form builder: Popular options include Google Forms, Typeform, JotForm, etc.
    • Import your CSV file: The specific steps might vary depending on the platform, but most allow importing data to pre-populate the form structure.

3. Manual Form Creation:

This method involves manually creating the form layout based on your row information. You can use:

• Word processing software: Create a document with text boxes, labels, and drop-down menus to mimic form fields.
    • Design tools: If you need a more visually appealing form, consider using design software like Figma or Canva.

Additional Tips:

• Identify the purpose of the form: Are you collecting new data or editing existing information? This will influence the form design.
    • Consider field types: Text boxes, drop-down menus, checkboxes, etc., will depend on the data you want to collect.
    • Include clear instructions: Guide users on how to fill out the form effectively.

By following these steps and keeping your form's purpose in mind, you can transform your row information into a user-friendly data collection tool.