Why do I get #incorrect argument set?

Is there a limit to how many criteria I can use in a sumifs function? I can't figure out where I've gone wrong in my formula. I have double checked the references at least 10 times... Please help!

=SUMIFS({Import sheet Range 1}; {Import sheet Range 2}; $Fas@row; {Import sheet Range 3}; $Roll@row; {Import sheet Range 5}; $Kategori@row; {Import sheet Range 4}; [Week 9]$1; {Import sheet Range 6}; $Fas$1; WEEKNUMBER(TODAY() - 30) < [Week 9]$2)

Answers

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the issue is the last part of the statement where you are evaluating the week number. You are doing it all as a condition instead of listing the range followed by the condition. I'm a little "iffy" on this one because of your absolute references, but try this and see if it fixes the issue.

=SUMIFS({Import sheet Range 1}; {Import sheet Range 2}; $Fas@row; {Import sheet Range 3}; $Roll@row; {Import sheet Range 5}; $Kategori@row; {Import sheet Range 4}; [Week 9]$1; {Import sheet Range 6}; $Fas$1; [Week 9]$2, WEEKNUMBER(TODAY(-30)) < @cell)

• Hi Carson,

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in my sheet.

Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way. I'm trying to collect data (hours worked in a project) from an import sheet and sum it up depending on project, phase, tasks, roles, etc. As the import sheet will eventually fill up with too much info I came up with a solution to use the week numbers as a criteria in order to "save" the data. That way I can (in my mind) sum data from the last 30 days and erase them from the import sheet after 40...

Maybe there is a smarter way to do this and I'm very open to suggestions :-)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!